Gear Oil (GL4) SAE 85W-90 (1 Litre)
Mineral transmission oil for vehicles with tried and tested transmission technology. Provides a stable lubricating film. Minimizes wear. Provides extremely good lubrication properties and outstanding corrosion protection. Enables smooth shifting.
For manual, auxiliary and axle drive transmissions with normal to high loading. Comply with the vehicle or aggregate manufacturer’s instructions.
Mineral based transmission oil for vehicles with tried and tested transmission technology. Provides a stable lubricating film and minimizes wear. Provides extremely good lubrication properties and outstanding corrosion protection. Enables smoother shifting.
- High pressure-absorption capability
- Reduces running noise
- Does not attack common sealing materials
- Excellent viscosity/temperature properties
- Minimizes wear
- High resistance to aging
Specifications and approvals
API GL4 ∙ MAN 341 Typ E1 ∙ MAN 341 Typ Z2 ∙ MIL-L 2105 ∙ ZF TE-ML 16A ∙ ZF TE-ML 17A ∙ ZF TE-ML 19A
- SAE class (gear oils): 85W-90 SAE J306
- Density at 15 °C: 0,900 g/cm³ DIN 51757
- Viscosity at 40 °C: 200 mm²/s ASTM D 7042-04
- Viscosity at 100 °C: 17,5 mm²/s ASTM D 7042-04
- Viscosity at -12 °C: <150000 mPas DIN 51398
- Viscosity at -12°C (Brookfield): <= 150000 mPas
- ASTM 2983-09 Viscosity index: 94 DIN ISO 2909
- Flash point: 214 °C DIN ISO 2592
- Pour point: -15 °C DIN ISO 3016
- Foaming behavior at 24 °C: 0/0 ml ISO 6247
- Foaming behavior at 24 °C after 93.5 °C: 0/0 ml ISO 6247
- Foaming behavior at 93.5°C: 0/0 ml ISO 6247
- Neutralization number: 0,8 mg KOH/g DIN 51558 T1
- Saponification number: 2,0 mg KOH/g DIN 51559 T1
- Oxide ash: 0,01 g/100g DIN EN ISO 6245
- Sulfate ash: 0,02 g/100g DIN 51575
- Color number (ASTM): L 4,0 DIN ISO 2049
Areas of application
For transmissions, manual transmissions, and axle drives with normal to high loading for which an API GL4 gear oil is required.
During selection, keep to the viscosity class stipulated by the transmission manufacturer. Miscible with all branded gear oils. Fully effective only when used alone.
All pictures shown here are for illustration purpose only. Actual product may vary due to product enhancements.